Jul 17, 2009

Sugar Scrub Day




My wonderful, wild, wacky nieces came over yesterday for some "Auntie time." We usually swim in the pool or at the beach, or rummage through the veggie garden for something to nibble on - but it was too hot in the afternoon to spend much time outside. So we decided to get crafty.

When my nieces were little I was very crafty. I was the craft queen. Okay, lets be honest. I was the queen of kid-safe scissors, construction paper, and a glue stick. Now that the girls are tweens, I am craft-handicapped.

Thank Goddess for a love of all things bath-related, and a soul sister who is a wonderful soap-maker and keeps telling me how easy making your own bath products can be. I decided that I would take my practice of bringing sugar and fresh ground coffee into the shower with me, and expand on it for the girls.

We used white granulated sugar, Himalayan salt, sweet almond oil, and assorted essential oils to make our scrubs. We made a lemon/lavender scrub that smelled amazing. We also made a "Latte" scrub with sugar, fresh ground coffee, sweet almond oil and clove essential oil that made me want to run down to the coffee shop for a pumpkin spice latte!


3 comments:

mrsb said...

Oh, that sounds yummy!

dana said...

You are such a wonderful Aunt !!! My kids would be so lucky to have an Aunt like you. I think you will be a GREAT MOMMY someday too !!! Love ya bunches lady !!!!

Rue said...

Awww...thanks Dana!