Aug 10, 2009

You've Got To Love A Parade! Well...As Long As There Are No Clowns...

This past Saturday I dragged my Mom to the next town to watch the Peach Festival Parade. We sat along Main street with thousands of other crazies...I mean....revellers, and watched the hour-plus parade make it's way down to the lakeshore.

I'm not one for crowds, but I would easily become a hermit if not for making myself get out into the fray from time to time. So away we went. And it was FUN. The floats were cute and clever. The bagpipes were very bag-pipey. The marching band from Seattle (Seattle State, I think) was spectacular! All the usual suspects were there. Horses, kids, Shriners, and....Darth Vader? Ummm......

The only part where I had to cover my eyes and try not to moan, while rocking back and forth, was when the clowns came by. Goddess help me, I just can't do clowns. I'm not a wimp. I've jumped out of an airplane. But clowns....hell, no.

Clowns aside, it was a great time, and I'm glad I took part in at least one summer activity that didn't involve me hiding somewhere that had air-conditioning.

















4 comments:

VintageSage said...

What a fun parade...I have to agree with you on the clown thing. They kinda scare me too. I got a chuckle picturing you rocking back and forth. LOL! Hey, I have an AWARD waiting for you at my blog so swing on over!!

xoxo

Michelle

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Is that last picture the Peach Queen? She might pass as a Moon Goddess, given the crescent moon!

Rue said...

She's the queen from Chehalis (sp?) Washington. I thought she looked rather Goddess-like too!

Free2bfree said...

My daughter doesn't DO CLOWNS, either! I haven't figured out if it's because I put a cute little wind-up musical clown in her isolette when she was in the newborn ICU ... or if it was from her watching a part of the movie "IT" when she was young. All I know is that recently she re-gifted me with the musical clown from her past. Figured I'd enjoy it on my shelf more than she did on hers! LOL