Oct 28, 2009

A Paws for Thanks


A friend's cat has been missing since last Saturday. Being that it has been freezing at night, and the coyotes are plentiful, things were looking bleak. I was heartbroken - I love this cat. He's a big hunk of love, and when I house-sat for my friend, he was by my side (and on my head) the entire time.

So I talked to Bast last night. Well...begged a little, I suppose. (I'm not proud of it - but what's a girl to do?) I even told Dexter that if he had any pull as far as some cat - ESP, he could send this other cat a message to get his furry butt home. Dex just looked at me like I was crazy (not too far off, baby!)

Tonight, while doing Reiki on some ladies from work, I got the good news. The cat arrived home at midnight last night - completely fine! Yay! Thank you Bast! Or Dex. Or whomever.

And when he got home, I'm told that the cat's owners even let him sleep on their heads.

18 comments:

Ærinndís Freyjadóttir said...

Yay!! That's so awesome. :D

Ametisti said...

I am always glad to hear about lost pets getting home safely!

Wendy Hawksley said...

Thank Bast! She has been generous in years past, and I am glad to see She continues to protect our 4-legged friends.

greekwitch said...

Oh! You are so sweet!

Lyon said...

Aawww yay for the kitty making it home. Thanks for the sweet story to start the day off with. I'm glad to hear everyone is safe and sound.

Tori said...

Yay! That's wonderful. I know what it's like to have your cat missing, and it's heartbreaking. I'm glad he got home safely.

Dede said...

Awesome! So glad to hear that everyone is where they should be and safe!

(((HUGS)))

D.Suplicki said...

Aww! I'm so glad your friend's kitty made it home safe and sound. I love when stories have happy endings. :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hurray! I'd be inclined to think it was Bast's furry paw in this happy ending!

Jeanne said...

Wonderful!! {claps hands!} Bast was listening and doing what she could to get Mr. Kitty home.

Mother's Moon's Message said...

glad to hear he found his way home... the adventures I'm sure he had. You "begging" I'm sure did not hurt....

mxtodis123 said...

That's such wonderful news. I love happy endings like this. And I am so happy for your friend. I know how disheartening it is to lose a beloved pet and not know what happened to them.
Mary

Eliza said...

I have a missing cat at the moment, he often disappears for a couple of days, I think he has a second home! Maybe I should speak to Bast.

motheralice said...

Glad for your friend!!

It's a bit synchronistic with something that happened to a friend of mine. Her cat also went missing for a week and we feared all hope was lost (she lives near a railroad track and a busy street with a lot of woods nearby). Kitty came home day before yesterday!

Must be something in the air- they go, they see, they find their way home for kibble and a nap. :)

TMC said...

Great news!

The Traveler said...

That's so awesome!

Suzie said...

What awesome, joyous news!! Praises to Bast!
Thank goodness you thought to ask for her help!!

Hugs,
Suzie

Bridgett said...

Many thanks to Bast!
:)

So glad he had some heads to curl up on in the comfort of his own home. Yay!

)O(
boo