Nov 1, 2009

Evidence

Yes, I am a real person! Giggle. I'm not a fan of photos (or a particularly good photographer with a digital camera) but here are a few from yesterday's Halloween/Samhain celebration!

I chickened out on the costume. Still battling a cough and a lost voice, so I needed something festive that required little effort. So - take some of my far-too-long hair, mess it up, add a few birds and some feathers, and voila... A birds nest....or...Macha the raven goddess.....or...the chick from "The Birds"....or....just some crazy girl with birds and feathers in her hair - lol!


Dex and Daisy, checking out some of the pumpkins as they were being carved...


Fairy lights in the front garden plot (which looks terribly sad now that everything has died back.) I fill the garden with little jam jars filled with birdseed and tealights. They look really neat in the dark!


My pumpkin display. I bought a dozen. Two went to the neices. One went to a friend. Three didn't get carved. So, we have six grinning faces (well...5, and one polka-dot fella!)



The nearly-full moon came out from behind some clouds to spook up our evening. It was a great source of light to the trick-or-treaters who were lucky enough to have some warmer (dry) weather this year! Unfortunately, they also had too many activities to choose from in town, so my usual 80 kids, turned into 35! Sigh. I miss the days when 100 candy bags weren't enough to last the evening.


After the goblins were no longer knocking, I took my offering out into the garden for the Spirits. I then did a Tarot reading for my year ahead, and had some meditative time to myself. A lovely night!

I've enjoyed reading everyone's blogs about your Halloween/Samhain activities! Hope you all have a spectacular new year ahead! Many blessings to you!

Now, where did I put those sugar skulls.......



18 comments:

Faeriely Odd Witches said...

Love the pics! Such a fun day!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Super jack-o-lantern display!

girlichef said...

Oh, I love that last pic!!! And your Halloweeny Martini's sound awesome, too :) Nice shot of the moon, too...

mxtodis123 said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. Love your pumpkins.
Mary

Dede said...

Sounds like you had a splendid evening. Sure hope that you get to feeling better. Dex and Daisy look like they have given their approval of the pumpkins. We didn't have but a handful of lil' goblins here either.

(((HUGS)))

greekwitch said...

You look so cute with your hair like that!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Hi "real person" :D, you're adorable and so are your immensely lovely kitties! Thank you for sharing these terrific Halloween snaps with us, I hope you're continuing to have a deeply wonderful weekend!

Blessings & hugs,
♥ Jessica

motheralice said...

Love the hair! I like the bird's nest idea, but you can't go wrong with versatility! I too did a reading for the year ahead, hope yours looked as well as mine. We didn't get to do as many pumpkins, but fun was had all the same.

Cheers!

Wendy the (Very) Good Witch said...

Great pics and sounds like you had a fun time. Ours was great too, but I haven't had time to post pics...soon I hope. Happy Dia de los Muertas.

Wendy Hawksley said...

Everything looks fabulous, but I'm particularly liking your hair! Maybe I will try something like that next year. Here's hoping you feel much better soon. :)

Mother's Moon's Message said...

love your pumpkins.... adorable.. and your kittys.... you do know i take in strays if you ever want to get rid of them.... and your costume... perfect.. I like the bird chick from the movie..... ha.. too funny

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

Great picture! Love the pumpkins and birds in your hair.

TMCPhoto said...

I too have to say, birds nest costume idea: superb.

I wasn't able to get any ritual done last night; fireworks displays randomly banging and booming made it difficult to concentrate but I have a good outlook for the next year and I was able to leave an offering of pomegranite seeds in our back yard.

Our trick or treaters were few and far between too. We think the H1N1 scare is to blame. The peanut came home with a more candy than we can possible eat if you include all the leftovers we never got to give out. now my novella is finished, feel better soon

Lyon said...

Awesome hair!!! ;-) Just imagine rolling out of bed looking like that every day like I do! hehehe :D

Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! Such lovely smiling JOL faces.

{I must get the name of your hairdresser! Quite a superb couture!}

Happy New Year!

D.Suplicki said...

Love the pictures, your hair was awesome! I love that you had so many pumpkins too.

Happy New Year!

Sadie said...

You are beautiful and I luv your post and pics. The hair did was amazing!

Bridgett said...

I love the pictures...thank you for sharing them with us. :)

So glad your Samhain was a perfectly blessed day!

)O(
boo