May 19, 2010

Jonesing for Summer Accessories

Like any good tree-hugging, garden worshiping Pagan, I like to spend as much time as possible outside when the weather is fair. I've been eyeing my Summer supplies, and have found them sorely lacking.

Here are a few things I've found that I'm thinking will help me jump into the swing of luscious outdoor living.

A groovy shirt to wear when I take off down the highway with my tent-trailer in tow for some Summer camping:


BBQ prep will taste and feel good, when I use this paper (yes - paper!) cutting board to chop up those fresh garden-picked veggies. I love finding recycled products, and Preserve has the best!




And speaking of recycled...or re-used...these are reclaimed wood Adirondack chairs. I definitely need to spend some time with a book in one of these...



I'd also love to take my cauldron work to the next level...meaning...cooking! Seriously - how great would this be? Of course, now that I'm writing this, I'm thinking about what the neighbours would say.... Perhaps this might be better to do while camping, instead of in the backyard.


And finally - for a little smile while hovering over the grill - why not wear a funky apron to remind myself that although Summer is fun, my favourite season is just around the corner....



We have our Victoria day holiday coming up this weekend, which traditionally makes this the first long weekend of the Summer for us Canadians. I know the US has Memorial Day weekend coming up the following week too. I hope the Spring weather is turning warm for you, and you have the opportunity to haul out your Summer accessories too!



18 comments:

Mother's Moon's Message said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with fun and good things... I love the apron.. can see you in it outside cooking over your cauldron... enjoy

Jupiter Greenmoone said...

Love the accessories! Where did you find the apron?

Rue said...

Oops - edited the post - the link on the apron pic now works! It's by Chloe Vintage - she has an Etsy shop full of great aprons! Unfortunately this one has been sold :( but she has other great ones too!

Rue said...

It's "Boojiboo" not Chloe - that's the style of apron. Seriously - I think my brain didn't wake up with me this morning!

the wild magnolia said...

Happy Tree Huggin', and Nature Lovin', and Cooking in the Wild, and Chillin'.

Great finds to enhance the mood.

Ellie said...

Oh my I love that T-shirt! Where's it from? And the apron is adorable. The paper cutting boards are interesting, I've never seen or heard about them, I'll need to look into that.

Annie's Hearth said...

Love the tee shirt - Is winter your fav season??
I'm much more a spring summer gal

Bright blessings
Annie

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

Love the shirt and the apron!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cool tee! Are you going to get the wings too? Just kidding! I know you already have a pair.

Rue said...

Ellie - the tee is from the Junk Gypsies (click the pic) - they've got really groovy clothes!

Annie - Autumn is my favourite - I'm all about the Fall!

Debra - my wings are more fairy and less angelic...but I do have a few pairs kicking around!

Dede said...

Lovin' those chairs and cutting board. These are really great finds! The clothing site is really terrific too! Thanks for sharing these awesome shopping sites!

(((HUGS)))

Judith said...

check my blog from last year. I have a HUGE cast iron cauldron hanging on black poles in my back yard.... and I don't give a fig what the neighbors say! And, tell you the truth, know one has said a word, except how nice it is!

mxtodis123 said...

That cutting board is something else. Never heard of something like that. Amazing what people invent, isn't it? Some nice accessories there. I'm hungry for spring. It arrives, and then it disappears. Hot, then cold. Weird weather.
Mary

Little Messy Missy said...

Love the black kettle I may just have to rig something like that up over my fire pit!

mxtodis123 said...

There is a little something for you at my dream blog.
Mary

Mary said...

I loved everything you featured today. Make sure you get back pillows for the chairs. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Bridgett said...

Great summer choices!!!
I've missed you!

Nydia said...

I would grab any of these cool items for myself! Loved the paper cut board, is it sturdy enough?
The apron is lovely, love and need them, so clumsy I am!

And the idea of cooking with a cauldron like that brings a smile to my face!

Wish you a beautiful weekend...

Kisses from us!

PS: Just posted soe photos of your great prizes! :o)