Nov 6, 2010

Oh - The Horror!


Just wanting to check in, and let you know I haven't been made off with by zombies from Sunday's super-fab Halloween/Samhain festivities.  Although...I did meet a few cute zombies...

I've merely been swamped by the mundane this week.  Working two jobs is starting to wear on my witchy nerves, but never fear - the extra work (and extra pay) will be over as of next Friday.  That means I will finally have time to sink into a good latte and read up on what you wonderful bloggers have been doing!  (Hopefully some of you got into some delicious trouble over the recent holiday!)

My treat to myself last night was a movie - but I chickened out on "Paranormal Activity 2."  I just couldn't do it.  So I went and saw "Due Date" instead.  A good laugh is always worth the $10 to get in and some overpriced, butter-drowned popcorn never hurts either.  If you like ridiculous comedy, Robert Downey Jr. looking all distressed, or Zach Galifianakis and his crazy hairyness - go see this movie.  Or, if you are braver than me, check out the horror movie and tell me all about it, so I don't have to go!



10 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I'm glad to hear that the zombies didn't sweep you off your feet, but I can certainly identify with the hard work. Take some time for you. Good to hear you went to the movies. I probably would have made the same choice.
Mary

Robin Larkspur said...

yes, we have missed you! glad you went for the chuckles rather than the upchucking!!!LOL> The first paranormal activiy scared the daylights out of me..dont know about the second, with a little baby in it too! Probably gonna netflix it, at least you can pause and run away!! hehe.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ugh, I hate horror movies too. I don't know how people can watch them.

the wild magnolia said...

Working two jobs wears quickly on the nerves. I suspect there are many today who must work two jobs. Hope it levels out for you soon.

Always good to see you in the blogsphere.

Blessings.

mermaid gallery said...

I rode my bike down to my mailbox yesterday and was delighted to find your amazing giveaway package. I hurried home and ripped it open and was truly touched by your warmth and generosity. Such a score! Both books are so enlightening, the incense lovely, and your card an insight into your humour and light. Many thanks...I feel like I have come into a time of abundance , so now I am preparing for my own first giveaway....way to inspire! I NEVER watch horror movies. They settle in my brain and jump out and freak me when I'm home alone...not fun at all. i prefer to fill my brain with happier images! thanks again! all the best, Susan

Birgit said...

Oh, how lovely to "see" you again. I had already wondered where you have been in the last few days. :)

At times I like a good horror movie -- oh, the sweetness to watch it and to survive after all!

Hugs,
Birgit

Alexis Kennedy said...

Welcome back!I totally understand the job stress, and I'm so glad you get a chance to relax a bit.

Can't help you with the scary movies.. lol I'm like you.. no thanks!

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Wendy said...

I couldn't bring myself to see the first "Paranormal Activity" so forget trying to see the second one. I love R. Downey so maybe I'll have to check that out. Just watch out for those zombies ;)

Unknown said...

You had me at Robert Downey Jr. =)

Eliza said...

Sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging doesn't it :-)