Feb 9, 2011

A Little of This and That


Just a few goings on, thus far this week. 

~ I watched most of the Superbowl on Sunday (my team lost.)  I really only watch the game for the super-expensive commercials - nearly all of which we don't get in Canada.  I am forced to search online for the one's I've heard about and missed.  Although the pickings for good Superbowl commercials were slim this year - this one by Volkswagen took the prize!

~ Today I picked out a cool kit to giveway in March, but in the meantime you have five more days to enter my Garden Dreaming Giveaway.

~ I saw this video about an uncontacted tribe in the Amazon and was incredibly moved.  I'd really love to know about their lives, rituals and community, but it's so much more important to leave these people alone to live the way they have for innumerable years.

~ Although the snow has not melted, I ventured out for a walk today and was treated to not just a good workout, but was met by 3 bighorn rams and an eagle.  Unlike when I met a beaver last Summer thinking it was a dog, these animals were a safe distance away!  (We won't discuss my horrible eyesight and how I could spot bighorn sheep on the side of the road, but not the large tail on the beaver two feet in front of me.)

~ And last, but most important: for those not in the know, tomorrow (Feb 10th) is Danni's birthday.  Head on over to The Whimsical Cottage and drop some cheer on her!

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love that little Darth Vader too!

CatHerder said...

that ad was the best, loved it....was a little creeped out by the doritos ad with the guy licking the other guys fingers lol.....well spring is ALMOST here although NOTHING is budding here..just lots more snow

mermaid gallery said...

I so agree that we have to let people live their traditional lives.....unfortunately t.v. is almost everywhere now and they see the western life and want it too. I ventured out for a walk yesterday and the snow pack is great to have but not much fun to walk in! best, Susan

Anonymous said...

The VW commercial was my favorite too! I've driven a VW for 8 years and my son is OBSESSED with Star Wars so it tugged at my heart.

Jeanne said...

Darth and the VW was my FAV commercial!! Would love to do that to some of the Grands! But first I need a car with a remote start.....

Wow! You have bighorn sheep where you live? So cool! They are such majestic animals.

Alexis Kennedy said...

*sigh* my team lost too ;)
Hugs to my Steeler Sister.. hang in there! Spring is on the way.

Mother Moon said...

well sorry to hear your steelers lost... but have to say I was glad my Packers won. And yes I agree the bug commercial was great... thanks for the heads up on Danni's bday...

the wild magnolia said...

I enjoyed watching the super bowl even though I didn't have my team playing.

I made potato salad, and fried steak strips with bell pepper and onions, it was all good!

Riding to the next town, on a motor cycle this Saturday, I saw the most beautiful eagle in a ditch, eating....whatever. Anyway, the eagle was awesome. My point, it is good to get out in the fresh air, even if it is frozen, as in your case.

Making Woo-Woo Martinis this Feb. 14, 2011. :)

Blessings!

Suzie said...

Little Darth Vader was my hands down favorite too. .and I'm not getting tired of seeing it. .his body language is SO cute!

I saw the photos of the tribe, and share the same thoughts as you. .that they shouldn't be inundated with modern society, but we both know that they probably will. One can't help but wonder what they thought of the aircraft.

And I'm not going to enter your wonderful giveaway because I haven't been able to be around as much as I'd like, but I do thank you for bringing this wonderful book to my attention! I'm going to order one for myself as soon as I am through writing here! lol

Your blog continues to be a delight!!