May 19, 2011

In The Gardens This Week

This week in the gardens...

My harvest-themed plate can still be seen.  Soon the perennials will have it completely covered.


The columbines are about to bloom.


The forget-me-nots, which I thought were overcome by the larkspur, have reappeared.  They are hiding beneath the delphinium - probably for fear that the larkspur will return.


The yarrow (a lovely reddy-orange variety) is being shadowed by the lady's mantel.  Perhaps it's time to transplant to a location with more room.



Rhubarb that will soon transform into brown-sugar-topped muffins!


A crazy bed-o-peas, trailing on re-purposed garden fencing.


Lettuce for dinner.  And lunch, and dinner, and lunch... 


Happy chives about to bloom. 


I'm having a wonderful time watching everything return to life in the garden.  I hope you are finding new treasures and much joy (and taste) in your garden too!


14 comments:

Hailey Marie said...

I love your garden, Rue! It's absolutely gorgeous. Wishing I didn't live in an apartment so I could have a proper garden instead of my little window boxes.

HappyCrone said...

love your garden Jen! You fight the larkspur and I fight the Melissa!!! Switch!

the wild magnolia said...

Your garden is healthy, green and fresh! I love it!

Thank you, for sharing!

Robin Larkspur said...

Beautiful photos of your garden, everything looks fresh and wonderful. Here it has been so very rainy that we are growing mud!!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

your garden looks wonderful. i have so much work to do in mine i hate to even think about it! at least all the rain has given me an excuse!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

How lovely! Thanks for sharing! The sun is finally out - off to work in my own garden!

Cheers!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, talk about a lettuce explosion! Perhaps you should acquire a pet rabbit.

Unknown said...

ooo your garden looks so yummy!

Tamara said...

all your plants so so green and lush! I just love columbine...i used to have purple. :)

Wizardess said...

I have some serious garden envy now. Time to get my balcony covered in plants. Those forget-me-nots look like the happiest flowers!

Kallista said...

Oh what a pleasure it is to look at these! Thank you, they brightened up my day :)

Danni said...

I love your garden dear, I can't wait until my veggies are as big and luscious as those. :)

I left you an award on my blog if you'd like to play along. <3 http://thewhimsicalcottage.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-dont-know-about-versatile.html

C said...

oh such joy being in the garden watching it all come to life what a way to spend our days :) x x x

Anonymous said...

Your garden is waking so beautifully! Don't you wish we could just spend entire days just watching nature thrive?