Aug 14, 2011

Farmers Market Saturday


Spotted at the local farmers market yesterday:

Clever signage made with kitchen utensils:



Plump red onions:


Gorgeous Delphinium:  Mine fell to mold this year with the very wet Spring/early Summer.  I chopped it down with sadness, but was thrilled to see last week that it had grown back, bushy and healthy!


Puppy dog tails:


Tiny peppers:  (I bought a good handfull of these cuties!)


The piper:


It's definitely pepper season!


When I saw these from the other side of the market, my heart skipped a beat.  I thought they were pumpkins!  I'm not a fan of spaghetti squash, but I almost bought one of these just for decoration.


Another successful market shop.  I came home loaded down with goodies.  I had fresh bruschetta last night on organic garlic and herb baguette, all from ingredients brought home from the market - yum!

I notice that my posts this Summer are almost primarily about gardens, farmers markets and fruit stands.  I do get rather occupied by Nature's abundance this time of year!

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I bought some raspberries yesterday at a farmer's market -- from BC I'm sure! The stands were loaded with BC fruit.

Anonymous said...

I love your posts. These pictures are so wonderful and vibrant. Great colours !!
Have a magical day.

the wild magnolia said...

Loved this Farmer's Market. Puppy dog tails, how cute.

TheBlakkDuchess said...

What a fun market! =D

And I love old pictures too... I'm always looking for hints of the person's personality peeking through... a slight smile, a cocked eyebrow, a fun pattern on their clothing... and I love to sit & stare & imagine who they were & what they were like. ^-^

Hope your Sunday is lovely & sunny!

XOXO

mermaid gallery said...

i just love all the fresh food available...suddenly i am really enjoying cooking!

This Life of Mine... said...

We love going to farmer markets and flea markets!

Carolyn said...

So envious of your rich market life! I have the opportunity to go this Saturday! First time this year! Hope to see you there!

Bogaman said...

Some of that stuff looks good enough to eat. Our squash crop was pretty much a bust this year, to much heat and no rain when we needed it. Tomatoes and beans have done good tho. X.