Sep 8, 2011

Where I've Been This Week - In Body & Mind


The wheels are starting to turn for our Annual Chicks Wine Tour.  The first year (two years ago) we did a haunted winery tour, visiting such vinters as: Blasted Church Winery and Black Widow Winery, not to mention getting a first-hand account of ghostly happenings at another local winery.  Last year, we hit a wine festival, where 50 wineries from around the Valley were represented (and who were giving very generous tastes!)  Our destinations this year are not yet set in stone, but I'll be sure to give you a run down and post pics when we finish our tour (and sober up.)



Yesterday I got my hands on my very first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season.  I don't often go into Starbucks, but you'll find me there often while this limited edition flavour is on the menu!



In Halloween news, Martha has her annual Halloween magazine out on the newstands.  It's a bit notorious for recycling articles/pictures from previous years, but I'm a sucker for the pretty pics and cool ideas, so I pick it up each year.

Also, over on Facebook, Judika Illes noted that Target has it's Halloween items out already.  Our local big box store has Halloween items in the card section, but hasn't emptied it's seasonal aisles of the back-to-school supplies yet.  Here's hoping those pencils disappear soon in favour of pumpkins!



In world news, we are all praying for rain clouds to fill the skies over Texas.  Over at his Inciting A Riot blog, Fire Lyte is organizing Project Texas Rain Magic.  Wherever you are, this Saturday September 10th, please send prayers, thoughts of rain and direct any rain spells toward Texas and the wildfires devastating that state. 

I hope this first week of September is treating you all remarkably well!

7 comments:

Tamara said...

The haunted wine tasting tour you were on last year sounds like so much fun!! I've been reading about the horrible fires in Texas...i will pray for rain for you all. Enjoying a latte that looks like that will def help take your mind off things. :) Yummmmm

Heather said...

A haunted wine tour! That sounds like a great time! And I am always so excited to see the fall magazines come out. this is my favorite season!~

Nichola said...

My husband is a winemaker and one of the places he used to work was haunted! I would very much like to go on an entire haunted winery tour though.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I don't know about Target, but the Dollar Store certainly has its Halloween stuff out already.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. That coffee looks really yummy. I haven't heard of that drink before. I don't think they've got that here in The Netherlands.
It's just terrible news about the fires in Texas. I hope there will be lots of rain soon.
Sending rain vibes !!

Brenda said...

haunted wine tasting, halloween decorations! I'm in!!!
sending you all some rain to help out with the fires. hope you and yours are safe! hugs

aurorawitch57 said...

Gotta LOVE that Pumpkin Spice Latte! My favorite is made by a little coffee shop that I found up in Salem!